CSA shares are available for the 2018-2019 season starting late April, join our waiting list here!
Our CSA serves the St. Pete, FL area from October through May. We have a single pickup location – weekly at the Saturday Morning Market in Downtown St Pete.
Community Supported Agriculture
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a shared commitment between farmers and their community. Members pay an annual fee upfront, and receive a share of produce for the whole growing season. This ensures that farmers have the funds to start up the season, and that members have local, organically grown fruits and vegetables through the entire growing season.
What to Expect from Our CSA:
The benefits of joining our CSA include: sharing in the abundance of our delicious and fresh-picked fruits and veggies, forging a connection between you, your food, and the land where it was grown, and peace of mind that your produce is safe, clean, chemical-free, and sustainably produced. Your share will be a packed selection of the freshest produce from our fields. You will receive a diverse box of food picked in peak season, and at optimal ripeness for taste. You can count on a unique and plentiful selection of vegetables each week. We grow hundreds of varieties of vegetables from around the world, and are always experimenting with new varieties. We strive to make the shares a well-balanced assortment of greens, root crops, cooking vegetables, salad fixings, herbs, and sweets.
In return for your annual commitment, we will work to ensure each week is a bountiful, delicious share of our highest quality produce. As a CSA member, you will be kept in the loop with all that is happening on the farm, and receive recipes and storage techniques.
Full Share Membership: For 34 weeks from October through May, you will receive a share of the best produce from our fields every week. Everything will be grown by us on our farm, and brought to the St. Petersburg Saturday Morning Market for you to pick up from 9am-2pm. Your share will consist of 8-13 items and we estimate the produce will fill 2-3 bags and supply a family of 2-4 their veggies for the whole week (or a single vegetarian that loves to cook!). Shares are $35 a week, which comes out to $1,190 for the whole season. A deposit of $250 reserves your spot, and any additional payments must be made before September 1st.
Half Share Membership: Our Half Share Membership is a way to invest in half of the produce of a Full Share Membership. For 34 weeks from October through May, you will receive a share of the best produce from our fields every OTHER week (for a total of 17 pickups during the season).The Half Share is a good option for single folks, or anyone that doesn’t use a lot of veggies (yet!). Some Full Share members might also choose to additionally purchase a Half Share if they would like MORE vegetables. Everything will be grown by us on our farm, and brought to the St. Petersburg Saturday Morning Market for you to pick up from 9am-2pm. Your share will consist of 8-13 items and we estimate the produce will fill 2-3 bags and supply a family of 2-4 their veggies for a whole week (or a single vegetarian!). Shares are $35 a week, which comes out to $595 for the whole season. A deposit of $250 reserves your spot, and any additional payments must be made before September 1st.
CSA shares are sold out for the season, join our waiting list here!
What’s in season?
fall – cucumbers, sweet and hot peppers, melons, summer squash, eggplant, tomatoes, peanuts, kale, collard greens, lettuce, radishes, arugula, basil, mustard greens, bok choy, beans, garlic, ginger, sunchokes, turmeric
winter – broccoli, kohlrabi, strawberries, arugula, radishes, cauliflower, winter squash, cabbage, carrots, beets, turnips, popcorn, dry beans, kale, collard greens, dandelion, sugar snap peas, daikon, salad mix, and a lot more greens and herbs!
spring – potatoes, strawberries, okra, cucumbers, beans, sweet corn, tomatoes, flowers, summer squash, eggplant, tomatillos, greens, beets, carrots, radishes, sweet and hot peppers, dried herbs, and more!
As your farmers, our responsibility is to grow great food, and deliver our best to you each week of the season, rain or shine. We are responsible with keeping you in the loop with what is happening on the farm, what’s in your share, and educating you on how to use and enjoy it.
As our members, you are responsible for picking up your share, staying informed, and communicating with us. If you cannot pick up your share, you may send a friend or family member to get your produce for the week. You can also list additional names on your share application, a great way to split a share with a friend, or ensure both you and your spouse can pick up for your family. If you need to miss a week and no one will be picking up your share, we would love a heads-up via email so that we do not harvest excess produce. If you miss your share unannounced, we will donate it to a needy family, or compost it. Unfortunately, missed shares cannot be held for following weeks, and you cannot make up missed shares. Please stay informed. You will be kept up-to-date on farm happenings through our newsletter, and updated on what will be in your share each week. We are excited to hear how you are using your food, and love to receive recipes and input on what we are growing.
By joining our CSA you understand that:
- Your $250 deposit is non-refundable.
- After paying your $250 deposit, your remaining balance is due by September 1st. You may choose to pay your balance in installments of your choosing. Otherwise, you will be sent a final invoice in August.
- You must pay your remaining balance by the same method that you made your initial payment (credit, check, online).
- Late payment will result in a $25 fee. The fee and your remaining balance will be due within 7 days, or else your membership will be forfeited.
- Your share is non-refundable. If at any point in the season, you decide to forfeit your share, you will be responsible for finding someone to take over your share.
- If you do not pick up your share, it will be donated or composted. You cannot make up missed shares. If you cannot pick up, you are welcome to send someone to get your share for you.
- If no one will be coming to pick up your share, it greatly benefits us to let us know ahead of time, so we do not harvest and pack your produce.
- Half shares will be assigned a first pickup week at the beginning of the season (either week 1 or week 2) and will be responsible for staying on schedule and picking up on the correct subsequent weeks (week 1, 3, 5, 7, etc.. or week 2, 4, 6, 8, etc…). Members that come on the wrong week will not receive a share.
- Sharing in the incredible abundance of the season also means absorbing some of the risk. Your farmers work hard to ensure your CSA is filled with a diverse and large selection of produce, but cannot guarantee that there will not be certain crops that fail.
CSA shares are sold out for the season, join our waiting list here!